Sunday, June 27, 2010

UPDATE.

I just thought I would give you all an update on the list as a whole! I am having a hard time, but I still have time until September 30th... Right?

1. Learn to play a song on the mandolin.
OK. I got the mandolin (borrowed, duh.) and attempted to teach myself (FAIL) so the wonderful Jay McDaniel is helping me. :)

2. Read The Count of Monte Cristo.
189 pages down, 402 to go.

3. Go to a trapeze or aerial class.
(http://www.thedairproject.org/classes.html)
Working on it.. Hopefully soon!

4. Finish 'Lost'.
10 episodes into season 5. Yikes, this is taking less time than expected.

5. Let my oldest sister teach me how to make a real meal.
I want to learn one of her great casseroles to make for my roommates next year!

6. Make an outfit for my nieces.
Bought the fabric!

7. Paint.
I painted my sisters room, does that count?
JK. I have decided what I want to paint though.

8. Go to a movie alone.
Possibly tonight if I can get myself together enough to.

9. Start, and maintain, a semi-regular journal.
Eh.

10. Write at least 3 unexpected letters.
Eh.

11. Return to my high school weight.
EH. I have gained weight since I started. Awesome.

12. Memorize a passage of scripture.
Suggestions? I can't decide..

13. Explore this place -> http://www.atlantavintagebooks.com/?page=shop/index
Next week hopefully!

14. Spend a week (or mooooorrre) off of Facebook.
Starting tomorrow.

15. See "Singin' in the Rain"
Rebecca I am holding you to this one!!

16. Actually sell something I make.
I bought the fabric for this one and have been commissioned!

17. Make a new random friend from a stranger.
(and get their picture)


18. Go to Jule Collins Museum.
Have to get to Auburn first..

19. Learn how to change a tire.
Anyone want to teach?

20. Make someone's day.
Katie claims I've done this one already, but I want it to be something more special than just painting a room or babysitting.

21. ?
Guys, I really need your help on this one! I have been thinking maybe something like give something up for 21 days or until I turn 21 but I can't decide!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a suggestion for Task #12: a passage I've held onto most of my life is Proverbs 6:6-8 "Go to the ant, O sluggard. Observe her ways and be wise; who, having no chief, officer or ruler, prepares her food in the summer and gathers her provision in the harvest".

Camilla Deeter said...

...Thanks Frederick.

Elizabeth W. said...

Camilla, why are you so funny? I loved this post. And I love casseroles :)

“This is what the LORD says— your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.” Isaiah 48:17

I liked this verse. And as far as #21 goes...I will have to think about it some more.

Bart said...

I'm trying to memorize Isaiah 40! It's kind of a daunting task, but I'm halfway done! You could shoot for verses 6-8 or 28-31, or even 12-14.